Week 2 Part B - Business Research

Week 2 Part B-Business Research


This week I analyzed the following top 5 favorite businesses and the social media they are using:  

    -Kindred Vintage 
    -Home Theology 
    -Ohidesign 
    -Tiffany Leigh Design
    -Studio Mcgee & Co.

All five of these businesses are home design influencers trying to create a brand with their specific style.  They want to share their great vintage finds, diy projects, design ideas, styling tips etc. They all have a large Instagram presence, using inspiring photos and appetizing descriptions for their designs. Instagram seems to be their number one platform choice.  I learned that most create a new post every couple of days to keep their customers engaged and bring attention to their brand. I did notice that photos can be used over and over over certain lengths of time.  For example maybe you use the same photo 3 or 4 months later as long as it stays within you desired theme and look of your page.  

Pinterest is of importance as well in the life of these businesses.  Their Pinterest accounts are so well laid out with boards you can view that are organized by bedrooms, dining rooms, kitchens, living rooms, laundry spaces, and holidays etc. This is so helpful to a customer when they are in search of ideas and discovering their own style and wants.  

Each one of these businesses that I researched have beautiful blogs with inspiring photos and detailed descriptions on how to reach such looks along with links to items you can purchase from a "shop our home" tab on their page. I learned that larger businesses seem to create a new blog post every day or every couple of days to attract attention and keep their business growing while a few of the smaller businesses like hometheology for example creates a blog post every week. 

I enjoyed learning and viewing how each business uses social media and it helped me to realize I don't need to use all of the social media platforms out there.  I can be specific and will most likely use Instagram and create an attractive blog in the future.  I hope this helps you as you make decisions for your business. 




""Inspiring people to curate a beautiful dwelling so they can bring joy to others".
-HWDesigns
 



Comments

  1. Hi Heather! I enjoyed reading the opening paragraph since it laid out the businesses you were looking at and described what they were trying to accomplish. You set the stage well!
    I had some similar observations that bigger businesses post more frequently. I appreciate your viewpoint that you don't have to be on all social media, since I feel that pressure in order to reach more people for my organization.
    My one recommendation for easy access for the reader would be to include the website addresses in the blog post, or include them as links.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your feedback Bertha. I don't know why I didn't think to list the websites.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts