Week 3 Part A: Aesthetics, Design, and Branding

 Week 3 Part A: Aesthetics, Design, and Branding


This week I learned how crucial it is to have good branding and how it should be attractive, clear and easy to navigate. I will be looking into 4 brands and analyzing and commenting on their website design effectiveness or ineffectiveness.


Gates n Fences:  

The first brand I am analyzing is Gates n Fences.  The first thing I noticed right off the bat was the website domain is not secure.  This doesn’t make me feel good at all from the start.  As I am analyzing I can tell it is a gate company because there are some security gate photos, but it would be better if the photos were larger and more professional.   Their page also seems extremely busy with way too much text overall and of the same font, which makes it difficult to read. This site was not pleasing to read and is not a professionally designed website.


Penny Juice: 

The second brand I chose to analyze was Penny juice.  I gathered that it is a childcare juice company.  They use a lot of bright colors, but it had my eyes jumping all over the page because it had too much going on. The text was in a lot of different colors and sizes, which made it hard to read. The one thing that kept jumping out at me was their picture of a penny.  It was so focused on a penny symbol instead of juice.  It was too busy for my liking and could have a better branding focus. 


California Center For The Arts:

At first glance, this site was very clean and clearly communicated right upfront.  I could quickly gather who they were, the center for the arts in Escondido.  I liked how they had a very large photo in the background with large clean text on top informing their customer about recent happenings, Covid updates and how it affects this center.  Their logo is well designed and the font easy to read.  You could easily navigate the activities going on from month to month. They did a very professional job making their brand known overall.


Apple:

At first glance, I could easily understand I was on Apple’s website. They keep things very simple, sleek and visually appealing. The colors are enjoyable to look at as well as the text is easy to read. The size of photos they chose are visually appealing.  They keep it very clean and clear, making it easy to navigate their site when looking at a specific product, find pricing, features etc. Overall, they did the best job in my opinion over the other 3 brands.  


In all of my research I have learned the success of my business depends wholly on how my branding is communicated. I need to make sure that everything looks appealing, clean, and communicates efficiently. Choosing a few colors, larger photos, easy to read typography, good text orientation and a well directed menu are all important in urging the customer to want to explore and learn more. 





Comments

  1. Hi Heather,
    I as well thought Apple's website is a perfect example of what a business website can look like.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts