Week 3 Part B Developing a Brand

 Week 3 Part B Developing a Brand


I have always wanted to have a business of my own, but have been busy raising 4 children and running a household.  I have been doing this all while pursuing my passions of interior design, fashion and food, but with no livelihood attached to it.  My goal would be to achieve a home and lifestyle brand.  It seems like a daunting task, but I am at a stage in life that I can finally see the possibilities with my youngest being 11 now.  I have an eye for interior design, organizing, a knack for good fashion, and a joy for entertaining friends and family with beauty and food.  


Brand Identity

What will make my business different than those of similar nature?  I will do this in several ways. First, I would like to focus on achieving high end looks for the home for a fraction of the cost by showing my customer how to do it themselves.  I can also be hired for virtual design help as well as in home design.  I will provide services for organizing any room in the house and will do the shopping for everything needed.  Secondly, I will teach them through inspiring ideas and photos on how too dress for their body type, their coloring, and their budget.  I can be hired to be a personal shopper and stylist, which includes overhauling a clients wardrobe. Thirdly, providing them whole food cooking recipes along with gorgeous photos and gluten free options would be part of my business as well. I will do this all while interjecting humor and real life scenarios that entertain and encourage my customer to become the best selves.


Logo Creation

My logo is going to look something like this… HWDesigns | HOME&Lifestyle. I will be the face of my brand as well as some team members as I grow. I have been sketching and playing around with different logos you see below.  I haven’t come up with the perfect one yet, but I’m sure it will develop soon. I will be using subtle neutral colors throughout all branding. I haven’t decided on a font yet, but I really like script for a handwritten effect.  



  

Collateral

I would like to use my brand to eventually market my own organizing elements as well as some interior design elements for the home and kitchen. I would have a pinterest account, a blog, and an Instagram account all with my logo. Maybe even a simple basic clothing line. The possibilities are endless.


In order to have a successful brand I realize it is going to take a lot of energy, time and thought to come up with a concept that will have excellent brand recognition.  A well designed website and social media are key to the success of my business and I have no clue what I am doing.  It will take a lot of work in order to achieve this, but I am enjoying the process of learning along the way. 


Comments

Popular Posts